Thank you for your interest in submitting a presentation proposal for the 2015 KSDE Annual Conference, Kansas Children...Kansas' Future.
Before submitting your proposal, you will need to be aware of the following information.
The session date will be either October 27 or 28, 2015. You will need to choose the length of session that would be appropriate for your topic - either 50 minutes or 100 minutes long. Presentations are expected to be interactive for the attendees. Scheduling of the presentation sessions is at the discretion of the KSDE Conference Program Committee.
Conference strands are: Relationships, Relevance, Responsive Culture, Results, and Rigor. Interactive presentations should be directed to help your audience gain knowledge, plan, and/or implement successful strategies to increase effective instructional practices leading to student success.
Kansas Children...Kansas' Future
will help educators at all levels fulfill the Kansas State Board of Education’s mission: To prepare Kansas students for lifelong success through rigorous, quality academic instruction, career training, and character development according to each student's gifts and talents.
- Provide a flexible and efficient delivery system to meet our students' varied and changing needs
- Provide an effective educator in every classroom
- Ensure effective, visionary leaders in every school
- Promote and encourage best practices for early childhood programs
- Develop active communication and partenerships with families, communities, business stakeholders, constituents and policy partners
Your proposal submissions must fit within one of the following strands. Proposals should be descriptive and include specifics about your proposed session. Some ideas for topics that fit into each strand have been provided. This is by no means an all-inclusive list.
Staff; Students; Families; Community
Curriculum; Instruction; Student Engagement; Technology
Leadership; Early Childhood; School Climate; Nutrition & Wellness; Innovation
Achievement; Growth; Gap; Other Measures
Career & Technical Education; Professional Learning; Resources; Data
Fees: Conference registration fees will be waived for the first two presenters submitted for accepted proposals. Pre-Conference registration fees will still apply. Registration for the conference is required.
- Presentation proposals due to KSDE by May 12, 2015.
- Presentation proposal submissions need to have employer approval.
- Notifications on proposal selection will be emailed by July 10th.
Click here to submit your proposal